Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Industrial Health and Safety

Lets talk today about your health and safety in the real working world. Last week in a nearby city two workers died after they entered a manhole into an underground vault to repair or to install a cable. From my understanding these two men had many years of service in their trade, and yet in one short day both died on the same job.
In the Occupational Health and Safety Act there are rules and regulations that must be followed when entering a space such as this underground vault. I have to wonder whether the two gentlemen that died
followed these rules. I am very positive that if they had followed every rule in the book that one or both would still be alive today.
In your job do you follow the rules all the rules laid down by your company and your governments?
If you do follow the rules you might live to see retirement. If you don’t follow the rules you should start.
If you don’t know the rules, learn them, your life may depend on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this important post. I'm industrial safety delegate at my own organization.

Sometimes experienced worker seem to have attitude: I've been doing this for 20 years and nothing has happen, so why should I be careful now?

Anonymous said...

Good post.