Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Some people who buy SUV’s think they are safer in the winter time because they have four wheel drive. Some of them become stupid. They will speed down the highway in winter at a higher rate of speed than the road conditions allow. Four wheel drives do have more traction but they forget that because of the icy and snowy road conditions that their stopping distance has greatly increased.
To all those people who drive SUV’s, please drive with care. The life you save may be your own.
Monday, July 9, 2007
About 6 years ago a good friend of mine developed breast cancer and had to have her left breast removed. She is still alive today and has just recently under gone a lumpectomy
on her right breast and radiation treatments. Her prognoses is good.
She made one error that resulted in the removal of the breast. When she found the lump in her left breast she did not immediately go to the doctor.
Do a weekly breast self examination and if you detect a lump see your doctor immediately.
Friday, July 6, 2007
When I leave for work in the morning the trip normally takes about 45 minutes. I leave home about 5:30 a.m. The trip is broken up into two parts. For about 20 minutes I travel on local country roads. The remainder of the trip is on the highway. This morning there was an accident on the highway.
For approximately 15 minutes the traffic was stopped. When it started to move it moved very slowly. Shortly before the accident scene, I was cut off by a transport truck. I nearly became a Corolla sandwich ( yup I drive a Toyota Corolla). I was to the left of the truck when its driver decided to change lanes. I laid on the horn to no avail. As he came into my lane I had no option but to go into the lane to my left. The guy in the minivan to my left pulled on to the shoulder of the road allowing me into his lane.
In retrospect I believe that the truck driver could not hear my horn but the guy to my left did hear it. I would publicly like to thank that driver for pulling over to the shoulder and preventing another accident.
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
In the Occupational Health and Safety Act there are rules and regulations that must be followed when entering a space such as this underground vault. I have to wonder whether the two gentlemen that died
followed these rules. I am very positive that if they had followed every rule in the book that one or both would still be alive today.
In your job do you follow the rules all the rules laid down by your company and your governments?
If you do follow the rules you might live to see retirement. If you don’t follow the rules you should start.
If you don’t know the rules, learn them, your life may depend on it.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Here is very interesting promotional tool. It is called a Reciprocal Review Carousel. Alex from Howtospoter created this little gem. It is designed to get you backlinks. The instructions are below, copy the info between the lines.
— copy and paste the Reciprocal Review Carousel and instructions below this line —
Reciprocal Review Carousel idea is based on few simple and yet effective link-building and blogging techniques I have learned:
* Build value of the blog by creating a link from within content.
* Provide a value to community by doing a review on blog you personally like.
* The Link to has exact anchor text you want and helps you boost Google Rankings.
* No more then 30 outbound links from any page to prevent penalties for link farming.
* Viral effect of the link – as more participate, link to your blog with YOUR anchor text, coming from quality content post will spread.
Here is How to participate:
* Copy the entire text between the specified lines.
* Create a post on your site and put at least one paragraph explaining how you joined the Reciprocal Review Carousel.
* Paste the text you copied into your post.
* Remove the Bottom Review and At the Top add your own review with a link to a site reviewed, at least 2 sentences about the site and a note – Reviewed by: Your Anchor Text. Link your anchor text to your site. Here is an example:
WordPress Web 2.0 Guide is a blog providing very useful information on building your very own Web 2.0 portal based on WordPress. Detailed instructions and howto guides make it possible for anyone to create a sparkling and engaging blog and join the community of like-minded individuals. Reviewed by: WordPress Web 2.0 Spot-er
- Andy-Coates.com is an original creator of Viralink concept and a blog publishing information on Magic, Personal development and blog development. I have found a wealth of information on getting your blog noticed and generating the traffic for free. Reviewed by: WordPress Web 2.0 Guide
- FitForFreedom is well-established blog where you can find multitude of information on achieving financial freedom. Blog is run by Marco Righter and his writing style greatly adds to the value of information he provides. Reviewed by: Alex
- Secure Your PC For Internet blog run by Colin and provides essential information everyone accessing internet should know. Identity theft is becoming more and more of an issue and by visiting his blog you can minimize the risk of being compromised. Reviewed by: Alex
- VI-SU blog is all about WordPress, AdSense, SEO and . Although mostly written in German I have found that using Google translate is worth the effort for his posts. Reviewed by: Alex
- Home With Heather is a great informative blog targeting WAHM (Work At Home Moms) and run by … you guessed it – Heather Masson. Information on what works for her in written is very easy to read and comes from her personal experience. Reviewed by: Alex
- A Copywriter’s Blues blog published by Alex Badalic, a veteran of advertising turned musician gives you great food for soul. I have found some nice old videos of Johnny Cash performance and he has a lot more of vintage videos to satisfy fans. Reviewed by: Alex
- Did You Smell That blog authored by one of the veterans on filled with business ideas you can use. David Ledoux is well known and respected in and now he makes his experience available via blog posts. Reviewed by: Alex
- Best Damn Blog run by Richard Wing is all about Internet Marketing. Your visit will be rewarded by honest reviews, freebies and information you need to succeed in this cut-throat business without sacrificing your integrity. Reviewed by: Alex
- Mixed Martial Arts Blog If you love mixed martial arts, The Ultimate Fighter, the UFC and PrideFC, then you will love this blog! Fight coverage, predictions, mma fighter interviews and an online mma store. Reviewed by: David
I'll check my Technorati ranking in a couple days and see what happened.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Allergies come in many forms. Sometimes the reaction to allergies it is as simple as coughing or sneezing or can be as serious as being unable to breath.
Allergies are the body's reactions to certain factors. Usually, these factors are harmless (animal fur, pollen, etc.) to people but, in other cases, a body sees them as harmful substances. To protect
itself, the body will produce histamine, a kind of byproduct of the
antibodies the body creates to help itself. This is what causes the symptoms
of allergies: the sneezing, coughing, fever, etc. Histamine reacts,
sometimes violently, and creates the problems you later face.
The simplest way to avoid allergic reactions is to avoid the cause.
For example if you are allergic to cat fur, stay away from cats.
If you think you might be allergic to something then go see your doctor and ask for an allergy test.
It is amazing what might turn up with a positive reaction.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
If you have your own blog, and want to create some viral back links and have some fun, I invite you to participate with me. While none of us will make a single penny from this, it will be a fascinating experiment to see where the viral nature of this leads us!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BLOG OWNERS
Copy the list of 10 blogs below. Take the #1 name off the list, and add your blog name in the #10 spot. Link your blog name and url, and post this newly revised list to your blog. Visit 100 blog owners and invite them to do the same thing on their blog.
There is no money, no $5 reports, no instant cash in the mail. Just a blogging viral tribute to the greatest chain letter creator of all time, Mr. Edward L. Greene!
Pretty simple, huh? Test this out and watch what happens to your Technorati score!
Friday, June 15, 2007
Over the course of 3 - 4 years I slowly gained most of the weight back. About four years ago I went back on the program and this time I lost about 40 pounds before dropping out.
I now know that to lose weight and keep it off is "a permanent change in lifestyle."
It is now time to get back on the program and stay with it for the rest of my life. Can I get back on the program and change my lifestyle forever? If I do go back on the program I may just start another blog to keep you people informed. So stay tuned.