Friday, June 15, 2007

What Does It Take To Lose Weight

All my life I have been on the heavy side. I step on the scales and slowly open one eye,"DOH" I weigh to much. About 15 years ago I decided to go to on a weight reduction program. I stuck to their system and believe it or not I lost 30 pounds and obtained my goal weight. Once a week every week during the program I would have what I called cheat night. On cheat night I would eat anything I wanted and not count it.

Over the course of 3 - 4 years I slowly gained most of the weight back. About four years ago I went back on the program and this time I lost about 40 pounds before dropping out.

I now know that to lose weight and keep it off is "a permanent change in lifestyle."

It is now time to get back on the program and stay with it for the rest of my life. Can I get back on the program and change my lifestyle forever? If I do go back on the program I may just start another blog to keep you people informed. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you!

My weight fluctuates by about 40 lbs over the course of a year. I need to get going on it again badly. I can't fit into last year's shorts for summer, so I either have to get some pounds off, or buy new shorts!

Counting calories is actually what has worked best for me - it makes sense to me, and I'm the type of person who needs to keep track of things like that, so I use Spark People to keep everything organized for me!

Here's to some good luck for both of us! :-)

Table4Five said...

Lynn, I'm curious what program you are using. I am following the Low Glycemic Index diet by Rick Gallop, and I've lost three pounds in five days. And I feel great! You can do it!